Police Clearance Certificate PCC from China

A Police Clearance Certificate is issued by local police authority or notary public office, depend on which applicants residential address is. PCC Certifying that the applicant has never partaken in any criminal activity that led to the involvement of the (China Police Force) and is also required when a person applies for an immigration status or other purposes to other countries. Person applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are required to state the period of stay in China. Documentary proof of stay is to be provided. First Entry and Last Exit date STAMP is also required. It is issued to any individual who reside more than 6 months in China.

Currently we cover serveral cities in China, incl. :

  1. Name of documents to obtain:
    Certificate of No Criminal Convictions (issued by the local police station and Public Security Bureau (PSB) office) or Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions (issued by the Notary Public Office) and,
  2. a notarized translation.

How to get a Police Certificate?

If you are not a citizen of China:

If you live in China:

You apply at The Public Security Bureau (PSB): the PSB will issue the Certificate of No Criminal Convictions to applicants with Z (Work), X (Student) and J1 (Journalist) visa classes. If you have a different visa class, you need to ask your local PSB office how to apply. You can apply in person or nominate a representative to apply on your behalf.

When you apply at the PSB, you (or your representative) must bring:

  • All of your original passport(s) (your current passport and any other passports that have your Chinese visa)
  • Your Residence permit and Work permit
  • A letter from your work or university/school where you worked or studied while you were in China and/or employment contract
  • Applicable fees

You must bring your certificate of No Criminal Convictions from the Public Security Bureau office to the Notary Public Office to get a notarised translation. You (or your representative) must bring:

  • Your original passport (with your original Temporary Residence Card or Temporary Residence Permit)
  • Your original certificate of No Criminal Convictions from the PSB.

If you live outside China:

No option, you have to nominate a representative to finish this job.

Using a representative: most places in China will allow a representative to apply for a police certificate on your behalf. To nominate a representative, you must give the person a signed notarized authorisation letter.

  1. Current passport
  2. Any prior passport that contains pages with China entry and exit stamps and residence permit(if applicable).
  3. Copy of emporary residence registration.
  4. A power of attorney if a representative makes the application on your behalf(if applicable).
  5. School/employer letter confirming no criminal record(some citites may apply).

Processing Time

Expedited service available and extra fee may apply at some cities.

10 - 30

Working Days