A Police Certificate is a statement about you issued by the Gardaí. The certificate, which is normally valid for one year, states your name, address, date of birth and also includes information about whether or not you have a criminal record.
The certificate is issued for the following purposes:
- foreign Consular authorities
- foreign Visas
- establishing a business in other EU States
Before starting application please verify the check-list that documents in order-
- Copy of the current passport.
- The last address in Ireland before leaving
- Application Form (Fully completed and signed).P
Processing time: 5-7 working days
- Photo page of passport
- Original copy
Examples of Documents the Department can Authenticate\Apostille are:
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade can Authenticate\Apostille public documents which have been executed in the territory of One Contracting State and which have to be produced in the territory of another Contracting State.
- Original certificates issued by the General Registers Office (GRO)
- Company documents issued by the Companies Registration Office
- Documents signed by the Chambers of Commerce in Ireland
- Court documents, Powers of Attorney, and other Notarial Acts can be Authenticated provided they bear an original signature, seal or stamp from a practising Irish solicitor\ Notary Public in Ireland
- Educational Certificates can be Authenticated provided they fall within the National Framework of Qualifications established by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland \ are recognised by the Department of Education.
- We can also Authenticate\Apostille medical reports signed by a doctor who is registered with the Medical Council of Ireland.
- Garda Clearance letters confirming a person’s details for Consular purposes must be issued from the Superintendent’s Office of the Garda station where you last resided in Ireland. This letter must bear an original stamp and signature of the Garda Siochána.
- An appointment is necessary for large numbers of documents and for full foreign adoption dossiers.
- Photocopies of Documents
The Department can Authenticate\Apostille photocopies of certain types of documents provided they have been certified by a practising Irish Solicitor or Notary Public in Ireland. However, you should in the first instance confirm with the authority to whom you are presenting the document that a certified copy will be acceptable to them.
Contact us for more information about our services. Our experienced consultant will treat each individual situation with due attention and provide you with an excellent service.